Friday, February 13, 2009

Impossibility

This is a poem I wrote for an impossible love last year. I've stop waiting since then because I've realized that he always has been and will always be my impossible.




I Sit Here Waiting


Your eyes make me quiver. I can’t explain what comes over me when you look at me. You fill me with warmth. My lips long for yours, every time you are near. Your touch brands me and ignites my desire. The fact that you’re forbidden, serves only to intensify what I’m feeling. My longing for you grows with each day.

I search for you behind closed doors, hoping for just one glance; just one look that penetrates my soul. Mixed emotions creep up as you come closer. How can something so awful feel so wonderful at the same time? I try to disguise these feelings; hide them from you, from the world…even from myself.

Peel away the superficial layers of a casual conversation and expose my yearning to be near you; to hear your voice, to see your smile, to look in your eyes, to feel your closeness. I sit here wondering what tomorrow will bring; how our story will end. I sit here, waiting…


Areli 2/13/08

No comments:

Post a Comment